Since the creation of the NCRC’s advisory body in 2015, this body has produced several public and independent opinions on the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and the recommendations of the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child.
The advisory opinions produced to date concern:
- the situation of children in migration;
- the Belgian National Child Rights Indicators;
- priority issues of concern in the drafting of the fifth and sixth combined reports of Belgium to the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child;
- the possibility of holding trials of offenders between 16 and 18 years in adult courts; and
- the draft periodic report of Belgium in application of the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We invite you to read them, to use them in your child rights related activities and to disseminate them.